www.thomaslyte.com is owned by and operated by The Phoenix Luxury Co Ltd trading as Thomas Lyte (“Thomas Lyte”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The Phoenix Luxury Co Ltd (Trading as Thomas Lyte)
Registered in England and Wales
Registration no. 03031260
Registered Office: 9 Hurlingham Business Park, Sulivan Road, London, SW6 3DU
VAT number: GB 654 0525 51
1. How will my personal information be collected?
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Register or use thomaslyte.com (the "website")
- Contact Thomas Lyte by telephone or email
- Enter any prize draws or competitions run by Thomas Lyte
- Complete any forms for transactions, employment or other purposes
2. What personal information may be collected?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, we may also collect:
- Details of transactions or orders you make at Thomas Lyte via our website
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
- Details of when you contact Thomas Lyte by email, post, social media or telephone (please note that we may keep a record of this correspondence)
- Any other information from which we can identify you, or which is available on public registers
With your permission, we retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, post, phone and/or through other digital means (including social media) about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Thomas Lyte.
We may also use your information to:
- Maintain and update your account details if you set up an account via our website (e.g. a change to your address, order information or marketing preferences)
- Improve and tailor the content and appearance of the website to ensure that the most relevant content is presented to you
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by Thomas Lyte. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions for each prize draw or competition
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer
3. Where and how will my information be shared?
We do not sell any of your personal data to third parties. However, whilst providing our services to you, we share your data with the following categories of companies:
- Companies involved with the payment and logistics of your purchase, such as payment service providers (e.g. Paypal) and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as website hosts and marketing agencies
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, in an effort to prevent fraud
- Third party sites approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
4. How long will my personal information be kept for?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Please note that different retention periods apply for different types of data. Once data reaches its disposal date it will be deleted from our systems, physically destroyed or put beyond use if not permanently deleted.
5. What rights do I have relating to my personal information?
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request a change to the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it
- Unsubscribe from marketing communications
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
6. How can I unsubscribe and/or request a change to my personal information?
You may request to unsubscribe from our communications or have your details changed or deleted by contacting our customer service team directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7751 8844.
You may also unsubscribe by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email. Please also note that while your request is being processed, for a brief period you may continue to receive communications which are already on their way to you.
7. Job applications
By providing us with personal data contained in your job application form and/or resume you are giving Thomas Lyte the consent to processing your details for work-finding purposes.
The Conduct Regulations state that candidates’ application forms and CVs must be kept for at least one year from the date of their creation and at least one year after the date on which you last provided services to the company.
The Asylum & Immigration Act states that copies of any documents (e.g. Passports & Right to Work Visas) must be kept for at least three years after an employee ceases employment.
8. International transfers
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Access stored information when you log into your account with us
- Carry information from page to page of our website
- Store site preferences and the items in your shopping basket
- Identify whether you have visited our website previously
- Monitor the number of times you’ve visited thomaslyte.com, where you browse and what you’ve purchased
- Offer you tailored content
It is possible to block and delete cookie preferences through your browser settings. You can find links below to the instructions of the following browsers:
Please note that if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the services on thomaslyte.com.
The following data may be collected each time you visit thomaslyte.com regardless of whether you are logged in to your account:
- Computer and connection information
- Browser information, operating system and platform details
- The time/s you accessed our site
We may use an IP address to identify and gather broad demographic information about you, which we will use to help detect fraud, identify problems, web administration and for other marketing purposes.
If you have provided us with an email address, we will be able to associate this email address back to your previous browsing and purchase experiences. If you log in, then in addition, we will be able to associate your log in with your billing addresses, delivery addresses and your payment details.
Examples of the cookies we use:
1) Anonymous analytics cookies:
Whenever a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These help us find out whether or not you have visited our website before, how many individual unique users visit the site, what pages they look at most frequently etc. Analytics provide anonymous user behaviour information.
2) Social Website cookies:
Our website allows you to 'Like' and share content on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. This functionality is enabled through use of third party cookies. In this case, privacy implications vary and are dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen when registering with the social media sites.
3) Session Cookies:
Session cookies are used for users' movement through the website. They allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are not stored on your computer. They expire when you close your web browser.
4) Geo-targeting cookies:
Our website allows purchases in various currencies depending on your location. In order to display the correct prices and content to users around the world, we use geo-targeting cookies to identify what country is your web browser request sent from.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Thomas Lyte:
UK: +44 (0)207 751 8844
Hours of Business:
Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm GMT
Saturday – Sunday Closed
Or write to:
9 Hurlingham Business Park,
London, SW6 3DU
Last updated 24th May 2018